Adani Wilmar Limited (AWL) is a joint venture incorporated in January 1999 between Adani Group- The leaders in private infrastructure and Wilmar International Limited - Singapore, Asia's leading Agri business group. The Adani group was created with a vision of ‘Nation Building’ by developing assets of national economic significance. Wilmar International Limited - Singapore, Asia's leading Agri-business group & its business activities include oil palm cultivation, oilseed crushing, edible oil refining, sugar milling and refining, specialty fat,oleochemical, biodiesel and fertilizer manufacturing and grain processing. It has over 450 manufacturing plants and an extensive distribution network covering China, India, Indonesia and some 50 other countries.
The joint venture kicked off with the commissioning of India's first port-based refinery at Mundra, Gujarat and later on other such units were setup across other locations.
Today, AWL owns refineries in 17 strategic locations across India, has 8 crushing units and 18 toll packing units. Cumulatively, this translates to a refining capacity of over 12000 tonnes per day, seed crushing capacity of 7500 tonnes per day and packaging capacity of 9000 tonnes per day.
AWL has the largest distribution network among all branded edible oil players in India, with more than 96 stock points, 5000 distributors and *10% Retail Penetration which spans across approx. 1 Million outlets all over India.
*Source Nielsen Retail Index
Leading the Way
At Adani Wilmar, we are committed towards working for a healthy growing India. We believe that the future of a nation rests on its people. People, who don’t just dream, but aspire. With our wide range of products we spread the goodness and health. We nourish the dreams of our fellow Indians.
With a vision to be a global admired leader in integrated agri-business, we shall be known for our scale of ambition, speed of execution and quality of operation, Adani Wilmar is poised to lead the growth story of Indian Food Industry.
Fortune is the most prestigious brand in the Adani Wilmar portfolio. Fortune became the no.1 brand in the market within just 2 years of its launch and still continues to be a leader. Reader’s Digest honoured Fortune as the Most Trusted brand for 6 years, most recently in 2015, and it was adjudged as a ‘The Economic Times Best Brands 2015’. Besides these it has also won “Mint Strategy Award” in 2014 & 2015. Fortune has grown from strength to strength and continues to deliver the ‘joy of eating’ to Indian households.
Adani Wilmar has a range of premium edible oils, vanaspati, packed basmati rice, pulses, soya chunks and also the first national brand in besan. It also has a range of customized specialty fats for institutional customers. The product portfolio of Adani Wilmar spans under various brands such as - Fortune, King’s, Bullet, Raag, Avsar, Pilaf, Jubilee, A-Kote, Fryola, Alpha and Aadhaar.
It has the largest portfolio of brands in the Indian edible oil industry. It goes to great lengths to deliver its brand promise ‘For a healthy growing India’.
Following the success in India, AWL introduced branded Edible oil to Middle-East and is now exporting its products to more than 19 countries in the Middle-East, South East Asia & East Africa including Singapore, Australia & New Zealand
- White Page International felicitated Adani Wilmar as one of Asia’s ‘Most Admired Brands & Business Leaders’ 2015-16
- Fortune brand has been voted as the winner of Reader’s Digest Trusted Brand Award in Gold category for the 6th time most recently in 2015
- Fortune gets the "Superbrand Award" – 2015
- Economic Times Fortune Oil- Promising ‘FMCG-Food Products’ Brand. - 2015
- IFC Mint The Mint-Institute for Competitiveness Strategy awards in Food and Beverage category. - 2015
- INDIASTAR Awards-2015 National Awards for Excellence in Packaging i.e. INDIASTAR Awards-2015 by World Packaging Organization
- Adani Wilmar Limited has won the IFC-Mint Strategy award in 'Food and Beverage' category for consecutive years 2014 & 2015
- Economic Times awarded Fortune as Promising 'FMCG - Food Products" Brand
- Fortune gets the "Superbrand Award" - 2014
- The Economic Times Best Brands 2014 awarded ‘Fortune’ the title “No.1 in the FMCG – Food Products – Edible Oil”
- The Economic Times Best Brands 2014 ranked ‘Fortune’ in the Top 200 brands listing for 2014.
- Globoil awarded Fortune Rice Bran Health Oil as 'Emerging Brand of the Year 2014'. - 2014
- Adani Wilmar Limited received Globoil Diamond award under 'Highest Importer of Edible Oil' category. - 2014
- Adani Wilmar Limited received Globoil Gold award under 'Highest Exporter of Oil Meals' category. - 2014
- Fortune's Ghar Ka Khana TV commercial was awarded 'The Longest Duration TV Commercial' by Limca Book of Records - 2014
- Fortune was judged the 'No.1 Brand in Edible Oil Category' by Economic Times Best Brands - 2014
- Fortune won 'Best New Launch' award by Aditya Birla Retail - 2014
- Fortune was awarded 'Readers Digest Trusted Brand of the Year' for the third consecutive year from 2012 - 2014
- Fortune was listed in '100 Most Valuable Brands' of the year by KPMG - 2013
- Fortune adjudged 'Readers Digest Trusted Brand of the Year' - 2013
- Fortune was presented with 'The Master Brand Award' by the CMO Council and CMO Asia - 2012
- Fortune gets the 'Superbrand Award' - 2010
- Fortune was awarded 'Readers Digest Trusted Brand of the Year' for the fourth consecutive year from 2006 - 2009
- Fortune was judged 'The Fastest Growing Oil Brand' by Globoil - 2006